The Cut (beinthecut.com) is looking for new editorial interns to join us in 2019!
The affiliate publication of REDDS Cups (reddscups.com.au), The Cut has always been, well, in the cut. Followed by thousands of millennials daily across Australia, our readers come to us for exclusive invites, the latest sneaker drops, artist interviews, nuanced long form, or breaking pop culture news.
Under the Internship Program @ The Cut, interns will get the chance to cut their teeth in the media, music and festival world. They will join a young creative team, and work closely with the Editor and the Content Director who will provide meaningful and one-on-one mentorship.
- Opportunity to work from home or from our studio HQ in Rosebery.
- Finding, pitching and writing relevant and engaging content.
- Collaborate with the content team to strategise and develop engaging editorial content.
- The chance to put your name to articles published on The Cut and across social media.
- Opportunity to represent the publication as media at on-brand events, from Laneway Festival and Fashion Week to true crime conventions.
Experience & Qualifications
- Our ideal candidate is currently studying Media, Journalism or Communications and is seeking industry experience.
- There are potential future employment opportunities for successful candidates.
- A genuine interest and understanding of our content pillars (pop culture, hip-hop, streetwear and parties).
- Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills.
- Familiarity in writing for an online audience.
- Experience in working to a deadline.
- A genuine appreciation for Drake, think-pieces & beer pong.
The Fine Print
- A personal laptop/computer will be required.
- Internship is a flexible three-month unpaid position.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and any writing samples.
Applications close February 15, 2019. Due to the high volume of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Image credit: Jack Toohey (Groovin’ The Moo Festival).