WHAT: Mov’In Bed Cinema 2020
WHEN: January 4 – March 7, 2020
WHERE: St Kilda
With only one month of summer left, we only have so much time to enjoy being outdoors. Why not spend a summer night at Mov’In Bed, the biggest outdoor bed cinema in the world? Movie lovers get a chance to get cosy on a queen size bed with LED-lit bedside tables, comfy pillows, and a blanket. In its first national tour, Mov’In Bed has brought the beds to Melbourne’s St Kilda. Definitely an upgrade from your typical Netflix night in – you can invite a mate (or a date) to watch your favourite films under the stars at the beach! Running until March 7, here are some of the flicks you can still catch while you can.
View this post on Instagram
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Quentin Tarantino‘s multi-award winning film follows actor Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt), as they struggle to find work in a Hollywood they no longer recognise. Set in Los Angeles in 1969, and with Margot Robbie starring as Sharon Tate, Tarantino’s ninth film is a love letter to the golden age of Hollywood.
Matthew McConaughey leads in director Guy Ritchie‘s film about an American expatriate who gets rich from building a marijuana empire in London. Word gets out that he wants to quit the business, which attracts a cast of shady characters who want to steal his fortune.
Now with the most nominations for the 2020 Oscar Awards, Todd Phillips‘ film is a character study of Arthur Fleck, a failed comedian who is isolated and disregarded by society. See Joaquin Phoenix bust out his acting chops and transform into one of the most iconic comic-book villains of all time.
Lady Bird’s Greta Gerwig directs her version of the classic novel “Little Women”, with the ultimate indie film cast – including Saoirse Ronan, Timothee Chalamet, Emma Watson, and newcomer Florence Pugh from Midsommar (2019). The coming-of-age period drama set in the years after the Civil War follows Jo March (Ronan) and her sisters, each determined to live their life on their own terms.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
The finale of the decades-spanning Skywalker saga. Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega) and Poe (Oscar Isaac) lead the Resistance against Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). Don’t miss the chance to see one of the biggest movie franchises of all time.
A modern-day ‘whodunnit’ murder mystery where everyone is a suspect. Director Rian Johnson pays tribute to the mystery thriller novel master Agatha Christie in this story about a renowned novelist (Christopher Plummer) who is found dead in his estate, and a master detective (Daniel Craig) is hired to investigate. With an ensemble cast including Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford and more, this movie will keep you guessing on the edge of your seat (or bed).
Good old classic shark movie. If there’s one movie to watch by the beach, you can’t go wrong with Jaws (1975).
The Lion King
Beyonce and Donald Glover lend their voices for the Disney’s CGI remake of The Lion King. Relive your childhood, and don’t forget to bring a pack of tissues for when you watch the fall of Mufasa again.
We’re giving away a double pass ticket to a screening of your choice in Melbourne for you and a friend!
This giveaway is hosted on Instagram. For your chance to win:
- Follow @reddscups
- Like the competition post
- Comment on the competition post who you would take. T&C’s apply.
For a bonus entry, Be In The Cut and drop your email below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Competition opens on 4 February, 2020 at 12:00PM (AEDT) and ends on 7 February, 2020 at 12:00PM (AEDT).
- Entry into the competition is free.
- Entry is via following @reddscups on Instagram; this is required to constitute a valid entry.
- Bonus entry is only valid if an entry via Instagram has been made. Bonus entry is via The Cut’s email signup form or an email note to email@example.com. All emails will be subscribed to The Cut’s newsletter.
- The prize includes a ticket to any screening to Mov’In Bed in Melbourne, which covers one winner and their +1.
- The winner will be contacted via Instagram DM, email or SMS by 12:00PM on 8 February, 2020. The Cut reserves the right to elect a new winner if the prize is not claimed within 12 hours.
- Mov’In Bed reserves the right to refuse any entry they consider to be offensive.
Featured image via Instagram @starwars.